here is our sample input data which has header records then its trailer records.
Invoice Header record start with “H” alphabet and Invoice Detail/trailer record start with “T” Alphabet.
we will use tFileInutMSDelimited component to parse these records. so create a job and drag and drop tFileInutMSDelimited component and then double click on it, it will show you another screen for metadata creation.
select our source file, then select column separator & row separator, once that is done then flow the below steps.
- In preview window select first column which has “H” and “T” values.
- In Schema grid click on add button and provide following values.
- Click on “OK” you will one record created with provided values.
- Click on fetch Codes button, it fetch all the visible codes from mention file and creates schema based on column delimiter.
- Our configuration looks like below image.
- Now go to the component setting tab and click on first schema which may look like row_A_1 click on it.
- it will show you schema with default column names.
- modify column name as follows.
- We are done with Header schema now do the same thing with Trailer schema and modify column names.
- Add tLogRow and connect to the tFileInputMSDelimited component using “row_A_1″ schema.
- Do the Same thing for “row_B_1″ schema.
- Now Execute the job your output will be like this.
you can achieve same thing using other ways, but trust me this is the most simple way.